Friday, May 20, 2011

The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Character Reveal

Everyone loves a good viral campaign, no? The Dark Knight had one with the Joker and now The Dark Knight Rises has one. Going to www.thedarkknightrises.com brings you to a flash page with some creeping chanting noises. An examination of the source file though reveals the hashtag #TheFireRises. When entered into Twitter or Facebook it began the reveal of an image pixel by pixel. This was done before for the reveal of the Joker.

Of course since none of us have any real time to spare, other people have been gracious enough to finish the entire project for us. So without further ado, I give you the first picture of one of new villains in The Dark Knight Rises:



A larger version is available here.

So what do you guys think? Does this get you excited for the new movie? Are you upset by the look of the mask? Personally I really like it. I'm hoping this viral campaign continues and will eventually reveal some sort of trailer.

===================================================================
Daily Challenge: I've been on a huge Netflix binge for awhile. I love watching new movies and TV shows. If you have Netflix, or some sort of service to choose a movie/TV from, choose something new that you aren't sure you'll actually like. You may hate it, you may actually love it. But hey, if it's awful, you can complain to your friends about it and have a good laugh.

===================================================================

Contact Info:

Steam: Superman1138

Twitter: Peter_Freeman

AIM: bigbossextreme

PSN ID: Rising_007

StarCraft 2 ID: Rising.145

1 comment:

  1. Does it get me excited for the new film? No not really but then again I didn't really need any help getting excited for a new Nolan directed Batman film.

    Do I like the look of the mask? I guess. It seems fitting for the Nolan created Batman universe so I'm OK with the look. My only worry is about the direction Nolan takes with the character itself but I have faith in him so I'm sure it will be alright.

    ReplyDelete