Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I'm Excited for the Release of a Game in a Series I've Never Played

I've made a small goal for myself. That goal is to blog about something every day for at least a month. There's always stuff I want to say about something so putting it down in a post should be no tough feat. Right? Well here we go.



Yesterday saw the announcement of Persona 4 Golden Edition for the PS Vita and a Persona Fighter for PS3/360. I'm a big fighting game fan so the Persona Fighter intrigues me. It's being developed by Arc System Works, the guys who made the Blaz Blue games (fighters I enjoy but am terrible at). This rerelease will include tons of new content and features such as new voice work, a new intro and theme song, and utilization of the Vita communication abilities.

Persona is a series I've always been curious about. The gameplay sounds interesting and I'm a sucker for anime cutscenes in a game. I also enjoy the visual style of the characters and That said, I've never tried any of the Persona games. It's always been in the back of mind to buy one and finally try it out, but I tend to forget these kind of things.

I have learned though that all the previous Persona games are already on the PSN, and Innocent Sin (the rerelease of P2) will be coming out in September. So now when I buy my Vita (and oh, I will) I will already have some games to play on it besides whatever I decide to buy on launch. From what I've heard, these Persona games aren't exactly short. It'll be nice to have a large series to sink my teeth into, considering I managed to finish Deus Ex: Human Revolution within three days.
So what do you guys think? Are you excited for the rerelease of Persona 4? What are your thoughts on the series in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment