Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Injustice: Gods Among Men Impressions and Dream List




Back at E3 when Injustice: Gods Among Us was announced, I was not impressed. Mortal Kombat has never been my thing and DC vs. Mortal Kombat was an atrocity of a fighting game. So my faith was not at all restored by what I saw of Injustice which is being developed Netherrealms Studios, the guys behind Mortal Kombat.

Then came Evolution (or EVO) 2012. The biggest event in the fighting game community. Here is where everyone gathers to test their skills against the mightiest players from around the world. It's also where several new fighting games were demoed. One was PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. The other was Injustice.

On a whim I decided to watch Ed Boon's presentation of the game (Boon is head of Netherrealms). He demoed two stages and four characters. The characters were Superman, Batman, Flash, and Solomon Grundy.

Color me surprised to find that the game looked way more interesting at EVO than it never did at E3. The trailers at E3 were boring and somewhat evoked the same terrible sickness one gets when looking at DC vs. MK. The demo at EVO on the other hand, was exciting and exactly what I needed to see. These characters look like they were being treated with interest and respect, as opposed to looking shoehorned in to someone else's game. The more I watched, the more interested I became.

Now I want more.

So my usual go to thing to do whenever a licensed fighting game is being made (or the game even has the potential to have licensed characters in it) I create my dream team list. As of now there's supposed to be a total of twenty-four characters in the game. My initial thought was that meant twelve hero characters and twelve villain characters. Alas, that doesn't seem to be the case but my list was created that that split in mind.

I'm not going to detail each and every character's style, or why I think they should be in the game. That would take too long and I'd more than likely wind up repeating myself. That said, I did my best to choose as many none obvious choices as possible.




Currently the list of confirmed characters:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Solomon Grundy
Harley Quinn

Heroes:

Green Lantern                                                 Nightwing


Captain Marvel                                          Robin (Carrie Kelly)


Hawkgirl                                                                Beast Boy


Swamp Thing                                                                 Raven


Villains:

Joker


Darkseid


Clayface                                                                   Ra’s Al Ghul


Brainiac                                                                  Bane


Manchester Black                                                      Mirror Master



Vandal Savage                                                     Gorilla Grodd


Green Lantern: Art Link
Nightwing: Art Link
Captain Marvel: Art Link
Robin (Carrie Kelly): Art Link
Hawkgirl: Art Link
Beast Boy: Art Link
Swamp Thing: Art Link
Raven: Art Link
The Joker: Art Link
Darkseid: Art Link
Clayface: Art Link
Ra's Al Ghul: Art Link
Brainiac: Art Link
Bane: Art Link
Mirror Master: Art Link
Gorilla Grodd: Art Link

No comments:

Post a Comment