Friday, April 1, 2011

A Cold Induced Blog

I have a StarCraft 2 obsession. I realized this about two weeks ago when I gorged myself on replays and watching the T3SL champions ships. The rub? I'm not very good. I've been playing for many months now and I'm still in the top 8 in Bronze... Lately I've hit a horrendous losing streak. It's been extremely frustrating and I can't figure out what my problem is. My strategy used to work really well, but now I've been losing to all but the most retarded of players (like ones who attack me with their SCVs when I drop a squad of marines into his backyard).

I know practice makes perfect, and I even though I get really angry at myself for losing all I want to do is go back into the game and keep playing matches. At this time of night there isn't anyone worth talking to on FB and all the news worth reading has already been read. So I entertain myself by playing SC 2. I want to be really good though. I would love to be a pro player, but for some reason I can't get into a groove. All the other players are like the Borg. I get a really good strategy and then a week later it seems to have been adapted to. It's ever frustrating, but like I said, I can't stop.

I've even been thinking about casting my own replays and stuff. Of course I'd need a decent microphone and some actual quiet time without interruption (impossible to come by in my house). So those plans are gonna have to be put on hold for now.

This probably sounds like one large "woes me" post, but I'm sick and obviously not thinking clearly. So please, forgive me.

I'm gonna go watch more 30 Rock now.

No comments:

Post a Comment