Sunday, April 24, 2011

Portals Lead to Amazing Television

Alright guys, I'm back. I took a bit of time off from posting (though I was still lurking/commenting) to gather some inspiration and come back swinging! I have a few cool posts in the works that I hope you guys will enjoy. One is using all the "data" I got from my post on PCs or consoles. The others are a review of Portal 2 and Revenge of the Titans.

As most of you know by now, Portal 2 has been out since Tuesday. It's gotten rave review from pretty much everywhere. I finished the campaign on Wednesday and so far it is the best game I've played all year, and probably of last year as well. There are only two games that could rival that this year and that's either Uncharted 3, or Mass Effect 3 (if it is released this year). I have a very high opinion of Portal 2, but I'll save my in depth impressions for my review.

Another thing I've been doing lately is watching a lot of new TV. Game of Thrones premiered on HBO last Sunday and so far I'm enjoying it. The Stark/Lannister  storyline is the only interesting one thus far, but I'm hoping the rest of the show will pick up.

I've also been watching The Killing on AMC. Currently it's one of my favorite TV shows. It's basically a season long murder mystery. It's extremely well done. There are only three storylines in the show and each one is enjoyable to watch. If you love a good mystery, I highly recommend you check out The Killing.

Lastly, I just got into 30 Rock. I'm not a huge comedy show person. I watch Psych on USA but that was as far as it went. I don't watch Community (I hate Joel McHale *shrug*) and I don't watch The Office. 30 Rock though, is amazing. In the past two weeks I've burned through all four season available on NetFlix and am working my way through the fifth season episodes. Alec Baldwin is a genius and - for me - is the biggest draw of the show. I've really come to like Tina Fey though as well. Overall the show is a lot of fun to watch.

The IGN Pro League has been going on since Thursday. It's a StarCraft 2 tournament where everyone entered is competing for $5000 and four people get picked for immediate entry into season 2 where the winning prize is $50,000. It's been a lot of fun to watch these players go at it and the casts (when I can get it to work) have been enjoyable to listen to.

Speaking of SC2, I just got promoted to Silver League! This brings me one step closer to fulfilling my 2011 goal of reaching Gold League. I placed in the top 5 of my division when I started Silver so my hope is that it won't be long before I can get promoted to Gold.

===================================================================

2011 Goals:

Here's what I've got done so far and whether or not I think I'll be able to complete them by the end of the year.

Read 25 Different Books: Completed 1/25. I've become an extremely slow reader this year. I have no idea why. I'm highly doubtful I'll be able to complete 25 different books by the end of the year.

Finish the Dark Tower Series: Completed 1/7 . Still burning through book 2. This could take a lot longer than I thought.

Complete 20 Different Video Games: Completed 1/20. This goal only counts for games I've bought in 2011. MvC3 is a fighting game so there's really no "completing" it. Currently the only game on there is Portal 2. There are plenty more games coming out throughout the year that I'll no doubt buy. I still think I can pull this off.

Write 25 Reviews: Written 2/25. While so far I've only written 2 reviews, as time goes on I'll be seeing more movies and playing more games. So I still think I can pull this off by the end of the year.

Watch 50 Different Movies: Watched 8/50. Once I run out of 30 Rock to watch and most of the shows I watch go off the air for summer this number will skyrocket. This one will be no problem.

Reach Gold League in StarCraft 2: So far so good. Like I said above I've just reached Silver League so I've got plenty of time to make it to Gold.

===================================================================

Daily Challenge:

This is something I thought I would try out. I'd give out a little challenge for you guys to complete throughout the day, and you can tell me how it went, even if you didn't do it. My hope is to be posting a bit earlier in the day so that way you guys have most of the day to complete them. So to start off I'll do a simple one that could be completed at any time:

Put your iPod (or MP3 Player) on shuffle for awhile. Most people I know have a set of list of songs they listen to for months without changing. Try to mix it up a bit. You may remember how good the other songs are.

~Enjoy!
===================================================================
Contact Info:

Steam: Superman1138
Twitter: Peter_Freeman
AIM: bigbossextreme
PSN ID: Rising_007
StarCraft 2 ID: Rising (Character code: 145)

No comments:

Post a Comment