Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Three Levels of the Facebook Phantom Zone

Today while recording my podcast my friends and I got onto the topic of what we do with friends we despise on Facebook. Personally, I put them in what Greg Miller aptly calls, "The Phantom Zone". For me though, there are three levels of the Phantom Zone, each depending on the severity of the crime committed against me (or lack thereof depending on the person).

Level 1:

Level 1 is the "hide all posts" area of the Phantom Zone. You might wondering why I even bother having them on on my FB. Well, for the most part it's due to social reasons. A person I "hate" may be really good friends with someone I'm really good friends with and kicking that person to the curb may cause a rift between us. Therefore, I simply pretend like this person doesn't exist and hide them from my newsfeed. Unfortunately, this means they can still see my Facebook.


Level 2: 

Level 2 is where I put all of the awkward people I meet at my college. I don't know most of them and they've simply friended me because we're in the same class. The few that I do know I put there with purpose. They're creepy, socially awkward (on purpose too X_X), and never, ever shower. It's awful. Mind you, I'm attending a community college so this is what I should have expected. These people go in a special list where they can't see anything on my Facebook except some small details.


Level 3:

Level 3 is where the worst of the worst go. They are on the blocked list, unable to find me in any respect on Facebook. So far there have only been four people to ever be put this far into the Phantom Zone. Three of which, are relatives of mine.

So there you have it! That's how I deal with people on Facebook. How about you? How do you deal with people you don't like, but feel as though you have to keep around in order to stay friends with your real friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment