Thursday, May 24, 2012

In Which the Firefall Beta Patches

I'm a bit bored, if the title didn't give it away. I've decided to use the extra time I have from being the only person in my house for the next four days to make some more gaming videos. Everyone's gone which means it's quiet, i.e. the perfect recording environment. Unfortunately most of the games I want to record need to be patched all of a sudden. This is why I am here, writing this post.

The patch for Firefall is about fifty percent complete at this point. Once inside I'll probably record a full game or two depending on how long they take. After that I'll either move on to another game or start rendering the footage.

Okay I lied, it's still less than fifty percent.

Being the only person in the house has also afforded me another benefit: using my computer's speakers. A novel concept, no? Alas, my brother's computer is stationed literally right next to my own and he refuses to use headphones for anything. It's as if his ears would fall off if he were to wear some. It's frustrating to say the least, but I shall enjoy the short reprieve while I still can (except to record, for which I need my headset).

...Still under fifty percent. Goddamn this patch is huge. This reminds me (don't ask why), but I need to play some more DotA 2 sometime over the next few days. It's a great game not unlike League of Legends and since I finally understand how to play LoL (to an extent, let's not get ahead of ourselves here) I should at least be somewhat better at DotA 2 than I was a few months ago (I've won 1 game out of 10 I believe).

I'd start converting my footage if I knew that it would finish before the patch did. I don't want to strain my CPU anymore that I have to when recording footage of some graphical fidelity. Once you start converting it's a hassle (and pointless) to stop it.

The same can be said for this post. It's completely pointless and it's only purpose is to keep me entertained until the game is finished patching. Which by the way, it's still not, but thank you for asking.

In lieu of that, I'm going to get some ice cream.

I'll be back.

(I won't)

No comments:

Post a Comment