Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why Wednesdays Are So Important

I finally got a job. I've been "searching" for a job for the past few years. I use quotes because the search wasn't all that serious. I was taking a lot of classes so I wouldn't have been able to work much. Now, I'm not taking any classes due to financial aid not coming through. So I was able to get a job and I'm working 6 hour nights every week day except Wednesdays. Wednesday has now become the most important day for me because not only is it a nice break in between work days, it allows me to get other things done... such as blog... or game.

Speaking of which, my job is basically why I suddenly stopped blogging every day. For awhile I was able to keep up, picking a single topic to write about, and just going for it. Somehow that fell apart after about eight days. My hope is to pick it up again, writing about something before I leave. The problem is that I'm expected to do a lot of things at home before I go to work. This kind of limits my time to write (except on Wednesdays where I don't work obviously). Still, I want to write and get back into MyIGN. I've been absent for a week, barely commenting on posts and that gonna change.

The other thing my job has affected is my gaming habits. Since I work at nights, I get home at around 11:30 PM and completely exhausted. Oh and for those wondering, I work at a pizzeria taking orders at the register for six hours,. It's killer on the feet X_X. Anyways, because I'm so tired I tend to just check my internet stuff and watch TV before heading to bed. Now I know when a game I'm really excited about comes out, nothing will stop me from playing it. But getting through my back log, or even practicing StarCraft and Street Fighter, has fallen to the wayside. It's unfortunate, since I really love those games. I can't seem to get myself to do it now. Wednesdays are different though, and that's why they're important. Gaming can happen pretty much all day if I wanted it to. It's a liberating feeling. That said, I now understand how some people say they just can't game as much as they used to. It's definitely something I miss.

Of course my job isn't all bad. My bosses (it's a family run place so pretty much all members are bosses in some respect) are nice and willing to work with me on problems I may have. I don't make too much (about 8 an hour so far), but since I'm working so much it adds up quickly. The feeling of having money is a great one. I don't buy much, but having the ability to go out and do what I want is a wonderful thing. I don't have to trade in several games to GameStop anymore just to lower the price of a game so I can afford it. Now I can save up for a new phone and trips to places like PAX. Sure it may take awhile, but the point is that it can happen now. It has to, especially since my dad has retired from convention going, so I'm really on my own for these kind of things.

I'll be honest, I didn't really have a conclusion to this post. I was mostly rambling until I ran out of things to say. There are a few gaming related things I want to talk about, but I'll save those for future posts. Until then, fellow bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment